He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
He was raised in Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they five children.
- B.A. from Brigham Young University,
- J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
Mormon – The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
- After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
- After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
- In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States .
- In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
- He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
- In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
- Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
- Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino’s, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
- He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad’s gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
- He was an unpaid intern in his dad’s governor’s office for eight years.
- He was an unpaid bishop and stake president of his church for ten years.
- He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
- He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
- He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income…. Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
- He will show us his birth certificate
- He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
- He will show us his social security card.
- He will show us his law degree.
- He will show us his draft notice.
- He will show us his medical records.
- He will show us his income tax records.
- He will show us he has nothing to hide.
Mitt Romney’s background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won’t desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers or practice fiscal irresponsibility. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into.
We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it. But, on the minus side, He never was a “Community Organizer”, never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.