Screamin Woody’s Rear End, Loaded up for Indy Race and 60 Plymouth Engine

The last day and half at the shop I managed to clean, scuff, prime, and put two coats of Banner Red paint on the Ford 9″ housing for the Screaming Woody.

Despite two cans of primer and two cans of red paint – I need to hit it with another coat tomorrow. Then on to reassemble it. The chuck has been rebuilt and ready. Also need to do the same with the wheelie bars and four links.

My wife and I will be leaving Monday for the Finals in Indy. After the race I’ll be dropping the Coach off in Northwest Indiana for a week’s worth of warranty work and service. While that’s happening, my wife and I will drive to Western New York to visit her family. Since “The Thug” isn’t the appropriate car to drive that 400 miles each way, I need to bring another car. I washed up the SRT8, but it wound up being too wide to fit on the lift, with the mirror being  too close to the fender cabinet.

They only other modern car I own that is smaller is the Genesis Coupe that my daughter drives. So we got it washed up and strapped down on the lift. She’ll have to drive one of my trucks while we’re gone.

Then I loaded up The Thug. Since I’ve had a little trailer rash issue with that car, I went from four straps to eight straps – four crossed and four straight. I’m that paranoid.

I also wrapped the handles to the dumbbells, which I’d chopped the ends off for loose weight. I weighed them and threw them in the weight basket in my stacker.

The engine to my 60 Plymouth “Street Car” is almost fully assembled. Waiting on the oil pan, a push rod, a pair of adjusters, a valve cover breather, and a dip stick tube. Also have grind a little off the block for the Block Hugger headers to fit properly.