Not all Stacker trailers are created equal!
I’m selling a highly optioned 30′ Aluminum Stacker Race Trailer that I had custom built by Intech Trailers about 4 years ago. It will cost about $100K to have this exact trailer made. Features, in no particular order, include:
- All aluminum construction for great weight savings and better road stability at high speeds. Previously, I had an all steel Stacker trailer the same size, but with far fewer options on 16″ G-Rated Goodyear tires. It weighed 22,500 pounds loaded and I’d average 10 blowouts a year. I had this trailer built to my very high specifications and loaded with the same cars, golf cart, tools, and far more parts & supplies — it weighs only 14,200 pounds. I barely know it’s behind my bus type motorhome.
- I added 1′ increased interior height for 60’s full size cars, but still a legal 13′ 2″ — and goes under the 13.6 low bridges.
- This trailer is set up for two LARGE drag cars. We load a 65 Dodge Coronet and a 60 Plymouth Station Wagon, with a golf cart having a roof – and we travel cross county with ease.
- Triple 7,000 pound spread axles with high speed, H-Load rated Goodyear tires. I’ve NEVER had a flat and often travel at 75mph on Texas highways.
- Optional .050 Aluminum skin thickness for a far better look over .040. It also avoids warping in extreme hot or cold weather and dents from hail.
- Wrapped last year in Antique Bronze. Was previously blue.
- The Roof is heavy duty braced to walk on observation.
- The attic is heavy duty braced to transport a golf cart
- Attic starts 6’5″ from floor for tall people to stand upright
- Full width rear door goes wall to wall to make it easier to load wide cars
- Aircraft cargo strips and Heavy Duty D-Rings
- Floor made of Extruded Aluminum
- Tongue extended 1′ for tighter turns and backing with out damage to trailer or towing vehicle
- Tongue box to house jack hydraulics (instead of taking up a floor cabinet) plus two storage compartments. I have two pneumatic hydraulic jacks and an impact wrench with air for on one side and trailer’s 35 amp shore line on the other side.
- Lift pump in floor compartment
- Dove tail rear for easy loading of low cars and low headers. I’ve never hung a car up loading in trailer or on lift.
- Spare tire mount with new H-Load Rated 17.5″ A Spare tire on front of trailer. A flat (NEVER HAD ON ON THIS TRAILER) can be quickly changed without going into the trailer.
- All LED lights. Interior, Loading, Pit, Cabinet, under lift lights are bright low watt DC LEDs.
- All Driving lights are LED.
- There are 6 Deep Cycle batteries in floor compartment, which can power the trailer (lights, lift, jack) for better than a week in the pits and away from shore power.
- Completely wired for 35 AMP shore power service that automatically powers the numerous 120V outlets and heavy duty battery charger. Circuit breaker box, battery charger and master cutoff switch in street-side upper compartment.
- All aluminum lift with three removable center sections — to service the underside of the race car.
- Two more in-floor spare tire compartments, one containing a new matching spare tire (never on ground) and the other supplies.
- Wall fender compartments with shelving on street side.
- In floor winch compartment with wired 12,000 pound electric winch. Also has a slide in pulley for loading the bottom car, while the lift has a pulley mounted to load the top car.
- Full width upper/lower cabinets with stainless steel work bench and full length closet in front of the trailer.
- Double side doors that open wide enough to drive a Golf-Cart in.
- Slide out door step.
- Puck door lock for greatest security
- Wall mounted race car tire holder in attic
- Wall mounted 5 jug holder in attic
- Wall mounter jack pouch
- Built in Tool Chest
- Large door mounted cabinet with drop down table
- Front & Back wall mounted strap holders with closed cell foam rubber under it to protect wall
- 4′ Rubbermaid wall rack to hold extension cords, blower, broom and mop
- Extra long aluminum lift ramps to load low cars with headers
- Extra long full length aluminum door ramp with lock downs — for loading long cars
- Heavy Duty 30,000 pound safety tongue – for safe towing
- Wall mounted Fire Extinguisher Holder
- Inverter that converts DC to AC – I use on bench for weather station and computer. Master cutoff switch.
I’ve pulled this stacker all over the country with a 43′ motorhome with a 450hp Cummins. It tracks real well behind the coach and I pass trucks going up the mountains. My deal is that I’ll be ordering a 45′ Coach and as such, I need to step down to a 30′ stacker to stay legal. This trailer was built to last for decades with good care and annual axle greasing.
My opinion is that Intech makes the very best aluminum trailers, and they have not experienced the quality/welding problems racers have experienced with trailers like ATC. They do cost more — but are worth it. A trailer with all of these important options (extra height, 17.5 H-Load (and 86 MPH Speed) Rated wheels and tires including two spares, thick skin, extra roof and attic bracing…) will cost you around $100K to order. This trailer is ready to go. will last you years. I’ll sell for $60K. I believe it is a 2015.
If interested — email me at davetheoldhippie @ Gmail.com or call me during reasonable hours at 713-899-7704.