How Dare You De-fund Harry Reid’s Cowboy Poetry Festival?
I have a home office and spend my mornings working at home with the Financial News on TV in the background, as I day trade stock.
Microsoft has been stuck in the high $25 low $26 per share range for a couple of years now — going absolutely no where. Use to be when they’d release something like Windows 7 (remember when everyone upgraded from 95 to 98 and 98 to XP within weeks after being released), Microsoft would make a fortune. Dell hasn’t been doing to well either — and I use to make a fortune day trading both.
On the other hand — Apple (which use to be holding at $18 a share for years) is the stock I day trade most. It has gone from $185 to over $360 a share in six months.
Yesterday I heard a pretty good explanation for why the old guard is losing ground — and Apple is becoming the new bad ass in technology. Tablets.
Apple started its comeback years ago with the iPod — putting the Sony Walkman in the grave almost immediately. Then the iPhone was their next deal — merging a phone, Internet, and iPod into one device. My wife, I, and four of my five kids have iPhones — as do most of my 29 nieces and nephews. It is a pretty hot device. I had lunch with my wife the other day at a Sushi Bar — and about half of the people in the restaurant had an iPhone in their hand — doing something or another with it.
However, even though iPhone has just opened the market with Verizon and is no longer being an AT&T exclusive — Apple’s money maker is really the iPad tablet. There are other tablets — but they can’t equal the new iPad. Plus Apple has cult status with young people, who are the big spenders.
I bought my wife an iPad for Christmas. Since she’s severely technology challenged, I set everything up for her and played with it for a night before wrapping it. It is too cool. It handles 99% of what most home users have a home computer for. Internet, email, games,… plus reading your books. My wife spends 10 hours a day on the damn thing — and her iPod sure gets a Hell of a lot more action in bed than I do.
The new iPad announced yesterday is 30% thinner and lighter, faster, has a better screen, a protective screen cover that puts it to sleep, front and back camera for “Face to Face” communications, video editing, and a lot more. My birthday is in June — and that’s just enough time for me to feel comfortable that it isn’t “Bleeding Edge”, and that any bugs are worked out.
The point is that just like the notebooks replaced the desktops (again, my wife, I, and all five kids have a notebook instead of a desktop) — the tablets will be replacing the notebooks for all but those who use the PC for business — and even many of the business notebooks at that. 90% of what I do can be accomplished on the tablet — but there is a lot a computer is still required for me as I’m a computer geek — but not so for anyone else in my immediate family. For them, a tablet can completely replace a PC for all of them. I suspect in another year of two — with application software and data residing on the cloud, and a little Blue-tooth keyboard accessory — the tablet will do anything expected of a notebook.
So between the tablet, the Crackberry, and people using their Play Station and TV for the Internet — Microsoft and Dell are losing the important home market, and Apple is gaining it. I see Apple’s stock hitting $450 a share by Christmas.
Are you a Texan who feels like America has left us behind and is forcing a culture on us that we don’t want? Do you feel like we’re past the point of no return?
From bumper stickers and coffee mugs, shirts and sweat shirts, yard signs and banners, and many little stocking stuffing trinkets like drink coasters and fridge magnets.
Check it out: SECEDE : Chairman Obama’s Gift Shop
In Time For Christmas!
Just a few of dozens and dozens of items for all ages
File a Complaint Against the TSA… and you will feel their wrath.
Is this the Federal Government that the Founding Fathers envisioned — or the oppressive one Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and Castro envisioned?
Amazon Wish Lists Solve This Problem
Amazon Wish Lists. Everyone is hard to buy for — and that’s why everyone has a closet full of unused Christmas gifts. If people were smart — they’d spend an hour on Amazon adding the stuff they wish they had to their personal wish list. Then they can be searched by email address, and when a gift is purchased — it is removed from the list viewed by potential gifters — but not to the giftee. If everyone did this — less money would be wasted with awkward gifts. Set up your gift list — and check for the email address of those you’re buying gifts for this year.
If you use Firefox – there’s even an addon that allows you to add anything to your Wish list from any site.
Your wish list should include items at every reasonable price level. My wish list includes items from $7 to a couple of hundred. Get your wish list started quickly — as people will start looking for it by your email address — to help them give you a gift you actually need.
Just in time for flying for the holidays:
A stipulation built into Obamacare is that anything that anyone sells for more than $600 after January 1st will required the buyer to send the seller and the IRS a 1099 and the seller claim it on his taxes.
While many feel like this might get repealed — now might be the best time to sell the junk laying around the house, which might be useful to others.
It is estimated that the average home has $25,000 (resale value) worth of stuff laying around their home that they’ll never again use.
Get a roll of masking tape and tag stuff just collecting dust to get an idea what’s around your house — then list it for free at:
List with photos (free) at a reasonable price and you will quickly turn your junk into cash for you and treasure for another.
In honor of Veterans Day, I’d like to share the History of the song God Bless America.
In case you don’t know it, this is the person that is referred to as “The Fat Lady” in the trite verbalization of “It’s not over till the fat lady sings”. Kate Smith was born and grew up in Columbia, Missouri!
In early 1940, Kate Smith, a fiercely patriotic American, and the biggest star on radio, was deeply worried about her country.
She asked Irving Berlin if he could give her a song that would re-ignite the spirit of American patriotism and faith. He said he had a song that he had written in 1917, but never used it. He said she could have it.
She sat at the piano & played it and realized how good it was. She called Mr. Berlin and told him that she couldn’t take this from him for nothing. So, they agreed that any money that would be made off the song would be donated to the Boy Scouts of America.
Thanks to Kate Smith and Irving Berlin, the Scouts have received millions of dollars in royalties.
This clip is from the movie “You’re in the Army Now”. You will see a familiar face (near the very end) in this one that we are all very proud of.
Frank Sinatra said that when Kate Smith, whom he considered the greatest singer of his age, first sang this song on the radio, a million guys got ‘dust’ in their eyes and had to wipe the tears the ‘dust’ caused.
Sit back and enjoy a Real Star.
This video bought a tear to my eye. Wouldn’t be great if this country could get back the patriotism we had during the World’s Greatest Generation — through when I was a kid? Isn’t a shame Liberalism killed it?
Dave Schultz – November 4, 2010
It doesn’t matter who you are — there are Makers and there are Takers of every race.
Sadly the “Great Society” politicians (Givers) and the money/power hungry Black Activists (Brokers of the Givers) created a Society of Takers with “Affirmative Action” and Public Assistance by playing these people for their personal benefit, and keeping them ignorant and hating. Screams of racism work great with stirring up the ignorant Takers. Like Heroin addicts, once a Taker — it is hard to break the cycle, and your children will most often also become Takers — as they never learned another way.
It is to the great advantage of racists like Je$$ee Jacka$$ and Rev. Soundbyte to keep their flock down through hated (as Unions do with business) — and it appears that most blacks (or Union members for that fact) don’t understand who’s foot is really on their neck. Takers are hooked on taking — and they vote exclusively for the Givers (giving priority to the Givers of their race, because it is really they who are the bigger racists) of the taxes on the Makers. They then mindlessly repeat the talking points given to them by the Givers and Community Organizers. These talking points are repeated over and over because Givers are generally too lazy to become educated and challenge what is said to them; and for the comfort of justifying to themselves and other with being the Takers. Without Takers — the Givers and “Community Organizers” (Unions, ACORN, etc…) would have to become Makers — and they ain’t going to let that golden goose slip away.
The communities where Takers gather (recently Houston and Dallas — previously Detroit, Cleveland, Gary, Oakland, Chicago, NYC, Newark, Buffalo, Philly, Atlanta, New Orleans,…) fail because the Makers blow town for places with a better Maker/Taker ratio (IE: Less Taxes) leaving it to mostly Takers to turn the community into a slum. Even the rich Givers move on to the greener pastures of more recently Takers territory (as they don’t like living in slums) and the bottom feeder Givers for the slums become people like Charlie Rangle, and Sheila Jackass Lee.
A Taker can be employed — they’re people who receive from a government more than they put in.
On November 2, 2010 America finally once again has Hope. However, we can not breathe easy until we effect change in 2012. We have to throw the Bums out of the Senate and White House — and those in the House that didn’t get the message.
There are a ton of items in the Chairman Obama gift shop to help get the message out. Apathy in 2006 and 2008 got America into deep trouble. Let’s not waste the message we gave yesterday with Apathy. A lot of damage was done — and a lot of work needs to be done. There are obviously idiot in New York, California, Delaware, Alaska, and Nevada who still don’t get it.
Dear Civilians, ‘We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.
For those of you who can’t join, you can still lend a hand. Here area few of the areas where we would like your assistance:
1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem – kick their ass.
2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest – kick their ass.
3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling Others that you used to be ‘Special Forces’. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, ‘Do you fly a jet?’ Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).
6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard ‘non-military’, inform them of their mistake – and kick their ass.
7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her – of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
9. ‘Your mama wears combat boots’ never made sense to me – stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!
10. ‘Flyboy’ (*Air Force*), ‘Jarhead’ (*Marines*), ‘Grunt’ (*Army*), ‘Squid’ (*Navy*), ‘Puddle Jumpers’ (*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.
11. Whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our Country would get it’s ass kicked.
12. It’s the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. It’s the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It’s the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It’s the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish – KICK THEIR ASS.