This could be a perfect situation for a retired mechanic who is a Snowbird passing through to Rio Grande Valley for the winter. I have about 5 weeks of full time work or many months worth of part time work. Paid in cash at end of week.
I have a couple of dozen Classic & Muscle Cars. A few I’m keeping, many I’ll be selling. All need from very little minor adjustments to a whole lot of work. Below is a quick list that comes to mind.
- 1964 Imperial needs new power brake booster installed and converted to dual master cylinder
- 1979 Dodge Magnum that had been disassemble and painted needs reassembly
- 1978 Dodge Magnum a has tail light short issue
- 1960 Petty Clone has brake light staying on
- 46 Olds Street Rod needs a little suspension work
- 1993 Cadillac Allante won’t start – suspect fuel pump
- 1999 Kawasaki Drifter not getting fuel
- Also have Cushman Scooters/golf carts/trucksters needing some help with as time filler
- Have a couple of trailers needing routine service and accessories installed also as a time filler
I have a million irons in the fire right now (with my race cars, building a new home, a household worth of stuff from home I sold needing to be gone through and sold) taking up my time – so I need to have a quality mechanic who is familiar with older vehicles to come in and handle that end for me. I have a clean shop with a lift and every tool needed to perform all of the jobs listed above. I have a shop Rat who can assist in anything requiring another set of hands.
Whether you’re a snow bird passing through who wants to earn a few weeks worth of cash to get you through the winter, or you’re a retired guy locally looking to work 1 or 2 days a weeks to get out of the house and earn extra scratch – this could be a perfect situation for you. Pay is commensurate with your ability to quickly make the dependable quality repairs. We could agree to options of hourly or by the job. Regardless, we’d most likely first need to do a 4-hour test at an hourly rate to see if we’re the right fit for each other.
If interested, send me an email (davetheoldhippie@gmail .com) convincing me of your qualifications, when you’d be available, the number hours per week you’re interested in and any other information I should know about. I’ll follow up with more questions left unanswered and then we can schedule a phone call to discuss further if we might be a right fit.